Terms & Conditions
Who does this agreement apply to?
1.1 This agreement is between:
- SAMS SOLAR 79 600 014 499, referred to as “we” or “us”; and
- the customer named in the Quote, referred to as “you”.
What does this agreement cover?
1.3 The agreement covers:
- your purchase from us of the solar photovoltaic system and other equipment, referred to as the “System” and described in the Full System Design attached to this agreement; and
- delivery and installation of the System at your Premises.
When does this agreement start and end?
1.4 This agreement starts when you accept our offer set out in the Quote, which you can do by:
- signing and posting or delivering the Quote to our address as set out in the Quote;
- signing, scanning and emailing the Quote to our email address as set out in the Quote; or
- accepting the offer over the telephone, by calling our telephone number as set out in the Quote (in which case we will send you a full copy of this agreement, by post or email, within one week after your acceptance).
1.5 However, your purchase of the System will not become final until all of the following conditions have been satisfied:
- you have paid us the Deposit; and
- your electricity distributor (the company that actually delivers electricity to the Premises) has granted Grid Connection Approval.
1.6 This agreement ends when we have finished installing and commissioning the System, unless we or you end it earlier in accordance with its terms.
1.7 If we have delivered and installed the System, then after the agreement ends the guarantees and related terms in clause 11 will continue for the Guarantee Period.
1.8 In addition to this agreement, various laws and codes, including the Australian Consumer Law and, if we have volunteered to be bound by it, the CEC Solar Retailer Code of Conduct, also contain rules applicable to the sale and installation of solar photovoltaic systems, and we will comply with these rules in selling you the System and installing it at the Premises.
Capitalised terms have special definitions
1.9 Capitalised terms used in the agreement have the meanings given to them in clause 16.
2. Sale of the System
Sale of the System
2.1 Provided the conditions in clause 1.5 have been satisfied, we agree to sell, and you agree to purchase, the System on the terms of this agreement.
Payment of the Deposit
3.1 You must pay us the Deposit at the same time as you accept our offer set out in the Quote.
Payment of the Balance
3.2 You must pay us the Balance at the same time as we deliver the System to the Premises.
3.3 Title in the System passes to you on payment of the Balance, provided you have already paid the Deposit and all other amounts you owe us.
3.4 Payments under this agreement can be made by bank cheque, money order, cash, debit card, credit card or direct deposit.
When payment is taken to be made
3.5 You will be taken to have made payment on the date on which we receive your payment as cleared funds in our bank account.
4.1 If you have paid us money under this agreement, but the agreement ends for any of the following reasons before we install the System at your Premises, then when the agreement ends we will promptly refund all of the money you have paid:
- if we give you notice of a price increase under clause 5, and you choose to end the agreement in accordance with clause 5.3 rather than accept the price increase; or
- Grid Connection Approval is refused.
- If any of the equipment quoted is unattainable and you do not agree to equipment of a similar quality to be substituted
5. Price Increases
5.1 Subject to clause 5.2, we can increase the price of:
- the System or any part of it;
- the installation of the System; or
- any other item specified in the Quote,
- to cover any new or increased cost in selling and installing the System under this agreement.
5.2 We can only increase prices under clause 5.1 if:
- it is reasonable to do so;
- we are not prohibited by law from doing so; and
we give you written notice of the increase at least one week before the Target Date set out in the Quote, or, if we have notified you of a new Target Date under clause 7.6, that new Target Date.
5.3 If we give you notice of a price increase and you prefer to end this agreement rather than accept the price increase, you can end the agreement in accordance with clause
5.4 and, if you do, we will give you any refund required under clause 4.1(b). 5.4 You can end this agreement under clause 5.3 by:
- calling us on our telephone number as set out in the Quote; or
- giving us written notice of this, by post or email,
before the Target Date set out in the Quote, or, if we have notified you of a new Target Date under clause 7.6, that new Target Date.
5.5 If we send you notice of a price increase and you do not end this agreement under clause, 5.3 by the relevant date, you will be taken to have agreed to the price increase.
6. Grid Connection Approval
6.1 We will apply for Grid Connection Approval on your behalf. In doing this, we will:
- make the application as soon as possible;
- keep you updated on the progress of the application
- respond, within a reasonable timeframe, to any information or other requests from the distributor; and
- promptly give you notice of the outcome of the application.
6.2 Your purchase of the System is subject to Grid Connection Approval being granted.
6.3 If Grid Connection Approval is refused, then this agreement will end and we will give you any refund required under clause 4.1(c).
6.4 You are responsible for applying for and obtaining any other approvals, permits or consents required in respect of the installation of the System at the Premises.
6.5 You must apply for these approvals, permits and consents as soon as possible.
6.6 The sale and installation of the System, and your and our other obligations under this agreement, are not dependent on and will not be affected by whether and when you obtain these approvals, permits and consents.
7. Delivery and Installation
7.1 Provided the conditions in clause 1.5 have been satisfied, we must, or must procure, the delivery of the System to the Premises.
7.2 The risk of loss or theft of, or damage to, the System passes to you on delivery of the System to the Premises.
7.3 Provided you have paid the Balance, we must install, or must procure the installation of, the System at the Premises, in accordance with the Full System Design.
7.4 We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver and install the System at the Premises on the Target Date.
7.5 You agree, however, that:
- the Target Date is only a target and not a strict deadline; and
- we will not be liable to you if we fail to deliver and install the System at the Premises by the Target Date.
7.6 We will notify you if we do not think we can deliver and install the System at the Premises by the Target Date, and give you a new Target Date.
7.7 If we have not delivered and installed the System at the Premises within 4 weeks after the original Target Date, you can end this agreement and, if you do, we will give you any refund required under clause 4.1(a).
7.8 We (if we install the System) or our contractor (if we procure a contractor to install the System) must:
- be a CEC-Accredited Installer; and
- install the System in accordance with the Clean Energy Council Design and Install Guidelines and all other requirements applicable to CEC-Accredited Installers.
7.9 After installation of the System, we will give you any certificate or similar document regarding the electrical safety of the System which is required by law.
7.10 We will take every reasonable precaution in installing the System at the Premises. However, we will not be liable in respect of:
- the structural integrity of the roof;
- the roof’s ability to carry the weight of the System;
- any effect installation of the System has on any roof manufacturer’s warranty; or
- any damage to the roof or Premises which is not due to our negligence or breach of this agreement.
8. Accessing the Premises
8.1 You grant us permission to enter and remain at the Premises, and to have our contractors enter and remain at the Premises, to:
- conduct one or more site inspections, if we think this is necessary; and
- deliver and install the System,
at any reasonable time, provided we give you at least 3 Business Days’ notice of the proposed access time.
8.2 You or your representative must be present at the Premises for any site inspection and for the delivery and installation of the System.
8.3 You must:
- ensure we and our contractors have convenient and safe access to all parts of the Premises necessary to conduct any required site inspections or to deliver and install the System;
- not hinder or obstruct this access; and
- ensure the Premises, including its roof, supporting structures and electrical wiring, are sound and able to accommodate installation of the System.
9. System Maintenance
9.1 We must provide you with the Maintenance Documents.
9.2 It is your responsibility to maintain the System in accordance with these documents.
10. System Performance and STCs
System performance and STCs Site-Specific Performance Estimate
10.1 We have calculated the Site-Specific Performance Estimate for the System and your Premises in accordance with the CEC System Design Guidelines.
10.2 We have calculated the STC Incentive based on:
- the maximum quantity of STCs that can be created in respect of the System under law, taking into account the Site-Specific Performance Estimate; and
- the monetary value of that quantity of STCs,
and deducted the STC Incentive from the System Price.
Assignment of STCs to us
10.3 You hereby assign to us all of your existing and future rights, title and interest in and to all STCs created or able to be created in respect of the System.
10.4 You must do anything we reasonably request of you for the purpose of perfecting, confirming or evidencing this assignment, including providing information and executing documents.
10.5 You warrant to us, when you accept the offer set out in the Quote and again on installation of the System, that you have not previously created, or assigned the right to create, any STCs in respect of the System or any other solar photovoltaic generating unit at the Premises.
Charging you the STC Incentive
10.6 If you do anything that:
- obstructs or avoids the assignment under clause 10.3;
- educes the maximum quantity of STCs that can be created in respect of the System; or
- renders the System ineligible for the creation of STCs,
then we can increase the Total Price by the amount of the STC Incentive, and you must pay us the STC Incentive within 10 Business Days of us invoicing you for it.
10.7 Clause 5 does not apply to any increase of the Total Price increases under clause, 10.6 and you cannot end the agreement as a result of a price increase, or refuse to accept it.
11. System Guarantees
11.1 Subject to clause 11.2, we guarantee:
- our workmanship, and the workmanship of our contractors, in installing the System; and
- the operation and performance of the System,
will be free from fault or defect for a period of 5 years commencing on the date the System is installed (Guarantee Period), and we will repair any such default or defect notified to us within the Guarantee Period, including by replacing all or part of the System where necessary, within a reasonable timeframe at no cost to you.
11.2 The guarantee in clause 11.1 will not apply where:
- the fault or defect is not notified to us within the Guarantee Period; or
- the fault or defect is a result of:
- something done by you or someone else, and not us or our contractors; or
- something beyond human control that occurred after installation, e.g., an extreme weather event;
- the System being misused, abused, neglected or damaged after installation;
- the System being maintained other than in accordance with the Maintenance Documents; or
- he System being repaired, modified, reinstalled or repositioned by anyone other than a service technician approved by us in writing.
11.3 The guarantee in clause 11.1 is additional to any other guarantee or warranty you may have:
- from the manufacturer of the System; or
- under any applicable law, including the Australian Consumer Law.
Although these other guarantees and warranties may not cover labour costs, travel costs and delivery costs arising from a claim under these other guarantees and warranties. We will notify you if this is the case, and tell you the costs payable. The costs will be payable in advance.
11.4 During the Guarantee Period, we will provide reasonable assistance to you in making any guarantee or warranty claim against the manufacturer of the System, including by acting as your liaison with the manufacturer.
12.1 We will comply with all relevant privacy legislation in relation to your personal information.
12.2 If you have any questions in relation to privacy, you can contact us by:
- calling us on our telephone number as set out in the Quote; or
- giving us written notice of this, by post or email.
13. What Happens If..
What happens if you fail to perform this agreement
14.1 If you:
- fail to pay any amount when due; or
- fail to perform your obligations in clause 8,
then we may suspend our performance of this agreement with immediate effect, and will give you a notice asking you to make the required payment or perform the required obligation.
14.2 If you fail to make the required payment or perform the required obligation within one week after the date of our notice, then we may end this agreement immediately by notice to you. 14.3 If we end this agreement under clause
14.2, you must pay us any costs we incur as a result of ending the agreement, and any costs we have already incurred in respect of the delivery or installation of the System.
14.1 All amounts specified in the Quote are inclusive of GST.