Collecting your personal information
You may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number. You may visit our website anonymously.We will collect personal information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities or it may prevent us from being able to contact you.
We may collect non-personal information about you whenever you interact with our website. Non-personal information may include your browser name, your type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our website, such as your operating system and your internet service provider and other similar information.
Using your personal information
Sams Solar may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – information you provide helps us to respond to your customer service requests and to support your needs more efficiently.
- To personalize your experience – we may use information in the aggregate to understand how you and other users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- To improve our website – we may use any feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website features.
- To send you information which you have agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send emails/newsletters – we may use your email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. We may also use personal information to respond to you inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. You will have the choice to opt out of such emails by ‘unsubscribing’ to them.
Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding you with our business partners and suppliers. These businesses provide services or products to Sams Solar and may need access to the personal information we hold in order to enable them to perform those services.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
When visiting www.samssolar.com.au website, third parties may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. To opt out of targeted advertising, some available third-party opt-out tools include: the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative. On ads served to you, click the logo of the provider (eg: AdChoices) positioned with the ad to learn more about interest-based advertising, who served the ad, and manage your ad options.
Securing your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
Accessing your information
You can access your information by making a written request to us. We will endeavour to provide you with the information you have requested unless providing such access would infringe another person’s privacy. When you request access, we will ask you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport) so we can make sure that you are the person to whom the information relates. In some cases, we may also ask you to pay a reasonable fee to cover the cost of providing access. If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, please contact us, addressing your request to the Privacy Officer.
Correcting your information or raising concerns